Raise Your Voice
Character: Teresa 'Terri' Fletcher
Directed by: Sean McNamara
Written by: Sam Schreiber
Produced by: David Brookwell, A.J. Dix, Sean McNamara, Anthony Rhulen, Sara Risher, William Shively
Cast Members: Oliver James, David Keith, Dana Davis
Released date: October 8, 2004
Genre: Family, Music
Duration: 107 minutes
After her brother dies in a car accident, Terri wants to leave her small-town life to attend a performing arts school in Los Angeles, but her father forbids her from going. Under the auspices of visiting an aunt, Terri leaves for L.A., but now she has to prepare for the school's talent competition while also keeping her secret from her father. Meanwhile, Terri's singing partner, Jay, is harboring a secret crush.
– Don’t hold back. Don’t give up.
– Dad, this place is the scariest, hardest, best thing that has ever happened to me.
– Okay so there’s this guy, right, and he’s really nice and his name’s Kiwi and he kind of has a crush on you. So we were wondering if you wanted to hang out with us on Saturday night.
– With all the stuff that went on this afternoon, I almost forgot to give you your graduation present.
– I’ve been writing songs since I was a kid, but my arrangements sound like some cheesy Saturday morning cartoon or something.